Sunday, September 28, 2008

Back Up North

Did you know that The Netherlands has road construction and large traffic jams? If you didn’t know that, let me tell you that it is true. I have just driven through them. We returned to Hoofddorp today and ran in to lots and lots of traffic, road construction and detours. We made it ok, but there are thousands of people on the roads.
This morning we were in Ciney for church. I was privileged to preach. George was my interpreter. Things went fine. We got in to a good rhythm for speaking and interpreting. It was well received. There was an awesome sense of the power and presence of the Lord in the service. They shared in communion during the service. The presence of the Lord was very strong there. It was a privilege to participate in communion with believers over here. The Lord is the same wherever we go. The folks in the church there really love the Lord.
I believe that the power and presence of the Lord is one of the aspects of this trip that has been most exciting. I have been reminded of the reality of God and His great love for us. Each service or seminar we have been privileged to pray together with the local church and sense that God was with us. We have sensed a spiritual hunger for more of God. This morning, after the service, I was privileged to give our last French Bible to a man who will be baptized in water next week. It is one we used all week in the seminars, and George used it for teaching on Wednesday night. He needed one for what we were doing throughout the week. I didn’t need to take it back with me, (as you know, I don’t parleze French) so we were blessed to give it to him. He was overwhelmed and thrilled to receive it. I know it will get good use.
As we were leaving this afternoon, Pastor Roger strongly expressed appreciation for our being able to be with them for the week. I know that God has used this week to strengthen the church. There is a quotation from a book about Don Stamps, author of the study notes in the study Bible. This thought was written by a friend to encourage him as he was going through some real battles. It speaks prophetically about the impact that Don would have through his future ministry. That, in large part, is the impact of the study Bible. His friend wrote: "Satan is fighting diligently everything you are about because it is a future threat to his kingdom." The help that the Bibles will be to the workers who have received them and learned how to use them will be a threat to Satan’s kingdom. For all of you who have helped in any way to assist me in this venture, you have a part of that reward. Yes, God is awesome.
An update:
I have talked with Andrea today and she is progressing well. Her recovery will be quite a process, but she is doing well for all she has been through. She is working out where she will be for the next few days. When I get home, I get to play nurse and help her out.
Again, thanks for reading this blog. I trust that each post has been helpful in keeping you informed. I’m already thinking about what I want to present next Sunday to give you a live report and update of all the events of these two weeks. That will be fun. Come and hear.
More later.