Monday, February 4, 2008

Thinking Ourside Our Box

Let me give you an update from the prayer request I shared over the weekend about the new church service the my brother, George, is involved in. They were excited that fifteen people showed up for their first service. It was well planned. The music and all went well. They are looking forward to what the Lord is going to help them accomplish. He said thanks for your prayer. You can keep on praying for God’s help and breakthrough.

He mentioned the involvement of one man who really has a heart to reach out to others, that they can know the love of the Lord in their hearts. He was excited about that. And, that thought of “thinking outside our box” is what is on my mind today.

As a fellowship of believers, we must be both concerned with those who are a part of our group, and, also, how to reach to those who still need Jesus. I would like to challenge us all to think of ways we can reach out to help and show concern for needs. That’s what we see Jesus did when He was walking on this earth. That’s a good example for us to follow. Reaching out to meet needs opens up doors of opportunity to share the love of Jesus.

What can you do that reaches to someone outside our “box” that really helps and shows concern? How can we work together doing that? Let me know what you think. You can send me an e mail or call and we can chat. Ask God to give you ideas.

Let me remind you of what we heard recently - listening prayer. As you spent time praying, take some of that time and wait quietly in God’s presence for Him to speak to your heart. Building on that, as you read the Bible, pay attention to what it is saying and what God wants to speak to you through the text. You’ll have some good ideas.

Have a good week serving the Lord. I’ll be back, I hope you will be, as well.

Curtis Thomassen, Pastor
Cornerstone Assembly