Monday, February 25, 2008

A Great Sunday

It’s Monday. A day that many people love to hate. They went back to work today hesitantly, deeply wishing that the weekend would have one more day. They feel just like our weather looked this morning - all foggy. When I drove to my office this morning, even though I was in the city and only going 25, I still felt that I had to be really careful because I couldn’t see very far. It was that foggy.

I trust that you are not foggy today. I’m a little tired, but coming to life. Sundays always drain me physically. Even in my youth (which wasn’t that many decades ago) I would get really tired on Sunday from preaching, teaching and everything else that goes with being a pastor. As much as I love preaching, it is hard physically. Many pastors are kinda foggy on Mondays simply because they are recovering, refreshing from Sunday. Others are foggy because they are foggy.

Yesterday was a great day. The weather cooperated nicely with warmer temps and sun. But, mostly it was great because as we sang the praises of the Lord we were brought in to His powerful presence. There was a strong sense of the presence of God and that brought great encouragement. We just wanted to hang on to what we were experiencing. Sensing God is one of the blessings of being in church. We don’t gather simply to be “religious” (whatever that means), but to come in to God’s presence and be available to Him for all He has for us, both individually and collectively.

Yesterday was also the day we met and talked about expanding our current facilities. We made the first step of committing to a concept of expansion. Now we will work on the details and let God direct us. So, that also made for a great time yesterday. We talked a lot about it, asked lots of questions, made suggestions and then took the first step of faith. I know that I’ll be talking more about this as time goes on.

I also know I’ll be talking more and more about the good things that God is doing (answering prayer). Last evening we had a prayer time. One person shared a specific answer to prayer from a few weeks before. It was a friend who needed a healing, and came away from a follow up doctor visit with the doc saying he didn’t know why the change happened. It wasn’t anything that medicine did. Yes, we keep on praying expecting God to continue showing His power.

Because God is real, because He continues to show His power, we can continue to rejoice in Mondays, as well as the other six days of the week. We don’t have to dread the new week. We can look forward to what God is going to accomplish in the new week. So, have a great Monday today, and a great Tuesday tomorrow, and . . . . . . . well, you get the picture.