Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Prayer Summit

Last week there was a powerful series of meetings that I really wanted to attend. Since I can only be one place at a time, and I was in Minneapolis, I couldn’t attend the national prayer summit that took place in Springfield, Missouri.

The prayer summit is an annual gathering where people are invited to come together for inspiration and prayer. The main speaker was Jim Cymbala, pastor at the Brooklyn Tabernacle in Brooklyn, New York. I had the privilege of attending church there a few years back, it was a powerful experience. We stood in line, down the block and around the corner, waiting for the doors to open. It was well worth the wait. It was even worth having to pay to park in New York City.

I would have loved to participate in the prayer summit this year. I couldn’t be there in person, but I have had the opportunity to hear a few of the messages. They are posted on the web and I have listened to a few of them so far. I hope to listen to the rest of them soon. If you would like to listen, you can go to our church web site and we have a link on the front page. Click on that and you can listen. I know it will be worth your effort.
Check out www.cornerstonenr.org

There is something powerful about getting together with others who believe in Jesus for a time of prayer, preaching, singing, visiting, and so forth. The bible says that we are to not forsake getting together. I feel sorry for folks who can’t seem to make it to church services or prayer meetings or the like. They have lots of excuses for not going. But, getting together with others who believe is an encouraging time. I enjoyed listening to the services on the web, it would have been much more powerful to be there in person. As they say, maybe next year.

Listen to these services on the web, it will help you. And, also, don’t forget about God’s house. I’ll see you in church.