Friday, October 17, 2008

Two New Studies

One of the fun parts of writing a blog is that you have to keep remembering to write something. It’s amazing how quickly days go by as soon as I write something. So, what’s on my mind today?
I’m thinking of two series I am just starting. I’ve been working on them for a long time. I have always tried to have practical topics when I teach or preach, and I believe these two are very practical. On Wednesday night I started a study on the topic of the family. That’s a major topic and I know we can’t cover every part of it, but we are going to give it a try. People are working hard to change the definition of a family and bring confusion. We don’t have to be confused. In our study, we will look at issues that make for a strong family, as well as family structure and roles. We had a great start this week with lots of good input and discussion. It is every Wednesday at 6:30 P.M. Come and participate.
The other series starts on Sunday evening at 6:00 P.M. This topic is The Battleground Is The Mind. Every person alive deals with temptation and struggles to do right. The Bible is filled with teachings on the mind, the battle of the mind, what we put in our minds, etc. We will dig in to what the Bible says about the battle and how we can have victory. Yes, we really can have victory in our lives. Again, come and participate.
The format for these studies is teaching and discussion. We ask questions and seek answers. The Bible really does have answers for us these days in confusing and scary times. We need to be reading, studying and learning how to apply what it says. Come and learn as we study together.