Friday, October 3, 2008

Back in the U.S.A.

Good Morning. I’m back here in Wisconsin. I got back on Wednesday evening. I didn’t do much more than go right to sleep. Now, I’m in the midst of that fun experience of getting adjusted back to this time zone. I just had a quick Internet Message chat with George. He saw me on line and said I must have gotten up early. Yes, I did. That’s one of the "hazzards" of readjusting the time difference. That’s ok, for mornings are a productive time. This is being written early.
It was great to get back and start the adjustments of returning to normal. Andrea is here as well. She is going to have a challenge recovering from her surgery. We are still figuring out how things have to work for the time being. The pain is still quite real for her. We do appreciate the cards received and offers of help. Yes, we will be glad to receive it as needs arise.
The trip back was uneventful. That is a great description for any time you are on a plane. You want it to be routine, smooth landing and all. There was a bit of a mixup and mess in getting my luggage, but nothing major. So, all of that is good.
The eternal fruit of the trip will be hard to track while we are here on earth. With God’s help I was able to reach the goals of teaching about using the study Bible as a study and teaching tool. There was much excitement from those who participated. One of the last things I said in the seminar was that they need to go home and review the things learned so they can begin to apply them. As their effectiveness in study is improved, their effectiveness in ministry will improve as well. Preaching and teaching is fun (most of the time). Being adequately prepared is a vital ingredient in the fun and blessing of preaching.
For all who have had a part in praying for and assisting in this trip, you have a part in the harvest. Thank you for all your help and support. The Bible talks about planting seed in the harvest. This has been a seed-planting time. That Bible also says that when one plants and another waters, God gives the increase.
Let me leave you with a few pictures of some things I found interesting.
Picture of eggs. In the weekly market in town, you can buy about anything. Many trays of eggs sit out waiting for purchase.
The large metal box you see up in the air is for garbage disposal. The residents where George lives take their garbage to these huge dumpsters what are buried in the ground on the edge of the sidewalk. A truck comes by with a lift and pulls them up, and the garbage falls out the bottom in to the truck.
Look at the white board going up a steep angle in the middle of the picture. That is the steps between the 2nd and 3rd floors in their row house. Thirteen steeps steps separate each floor, all four of them. Lots of good exercise.
Thanks for reading. I’m not sure if I will be writing more about the trip, but I plan to keep on writing on this blog. Again, I will strive to be consistent in writing and not let large amounts of time come in between. Remember, our missions convention is coming right up. Don’t miss out on that.