Monday, May 5, 2014

5/4/14 YEAR OF EQUIPPING

Being God’s People of Prayer

    In a recent issue of Christianity Today (January 2013), a Muslim man describes his commitment to follow Isa al Masih, Jesus the Messiah. Surprisingly, a miracle caused this man to open his heart to Jesus. Here’s how he described the miracle:
    One night the only food my wife and I had was a small portion of macaroni. My wife prepared it very nicely. Then one of her friends knocked on the door. I told myself, The macaroni is not sufficient for even the two of us, so how will it be enough for three of us? But because we have no other custom, we opened the door, and she came in to eat with us.
    While we were eating, the macaroni started to multiply; it became full in the bowl. I suspected that something was wrong with my eyes, so I started rubbing them. I thought maybe my wife hid some macaroni under the small table, so I checked, but there was nothing. My wife and I looked at each other, but because the guest was there we said nothing.
    Afterward I lay down on the bed, and as I slept, Isa came to me and asked me, “Do you know who multiplied the macaroni?” I said, “I don’t know.” He said, “I am Isa al Masih [Jesus, the Messiah]. If you follow me, not only the macaroni but your life will be multiplied.”
Gene Daniels, “Worshipping Jesus in the Mosque”, Christianity Today (January-February 2013)
    There is no limit to God’s power.  The Bible tells the stories of when Jesus multiplied a small lunch to feed thousands.  Jesus never changes.  He has no problem in supernaturally intervening in the lives of people and doing the “impossible”.
    We are going to take a few minutes and be reminded of the importance of and the power of prayer.  Let me share a few pictures of my trip to Brazil, ministering with Pastor Richard.
    End pics, powerful times of prayer.  This is what we must seek, expect and live in. Powerful prayer makes all the difference.
Isaiah 56:7 NKJV
7 Even them I will bring to My holy mountain, And make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices Will be accepted on My altar; For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.
Luke 19:45-46 NKJV
45 Then He went into the temple and began to drive out those who bought and sold in it, 46 saying to them, “It is written, ‘My house is a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’ ”
    God’s house is a house of prayer.  There were people who were corrupting God’s house back then. There are still people corrupting God’s house.
    Let’s focus on the part that talks about prayer.  God wants a  house of prayer for all nations.  It is clear that God’s house is designed to be a singular place where God’s people will gather with Him for prayer and worship.  There should be nothing that interferes with coming close to God.  Don’t let anything make it difficult to pray, to worship and seek God.
    It is through prayer that we see the supernatural intervention of God in our lives.
Mark 11:22-26 NKJV
22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. 25 And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.”
    Another passage where Jesus tells us that nothing is impossible with Him.  We must believe for anything.
Matthew 21:21-22 NKJV
21 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done. 22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”

1 John 5:13-15 NKJV
13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. 14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
Matthew 7:7-8 NKJV
7 Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
    Prayer is what we must believe in, it is what we must do.  Think about this: one of the most difficult things to do it to pray.  The enemy works very hard to keep us from praying.  It seems unimportant.
    But, history tells us that every time there is a powerful move of God, prayer is behind it.  We must be people of prayer.
    We will take time to pray for your needs and requests.